Jaymi Sterling, State’s Attorney for St. Mary’s County, announced today that Dimitri Paul Brooks, 28, of Lexington Park, Maryland, was convicted by a St. Mary’s County jury on felony drug and firearm charges. Following a two-day jury trial, Mr. Brooks was found guilty of all charges, including:
- Controlled Dangerous Substance Possession with Intent to Distribute: Narcotic
- Firearm/Drug Trafficking Crime
- Controlled Dangerous Substance – Not Cannabis
- Illegal Possession of Ammunition
- Regulated Firearm Possession with Crime of Violence Conviction
Pending a sentencing hearing, Mr. Brooks will remain incarcerated where he faces a maximum sentence of 57 years in prison.
Sergeant Kevin Meyer of the St. Mary’s County Sheriff’s Office was the lead investigator.
Senior Assistant State’s Attorney Lisa Ridge, Chief of the Narcotics Unit, prosecuted the case on behalf of the citizens of St. Mary’s County.
The Honorable Joseph M. Stanalonis presided over the case.